Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Beginning in Two Days




Starting this Friday, November 1st, Thirty Days of Gratitude will begin again on this blog.  This year's practice is designed to go deeper over the course of the thirty days. It is based on the iTunes model of presenting a musicians' work through The Basics, Next Steps and Deep Cuts. Over the month to come, we'll be working with beginning, intermediate and advanced steps that can help us grow in gratitude. 

Each day will also feature a song that's tied to the day's theme. As we prepare to begin this year's blog, this Mumford and Sons version of the classic hymn of grace and gratitude strikes a resonant note of openness and receptivity for what's to come.  (The music starts at about the 1 minute mark.)

And, please remember, this blog is enhanced when you take the time to comment and share your experiences.  See you again in a couple days!  :-)

9 comments:

  1. What an awesome kickoff!! I am deeply connected to music, as so many of us are. I am looking forward to these 30 days with abandon! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking forward to 30 days of gratitude. I find I need it most in my life these days. Kudos to the team or person who decided on the music addition! Music is the universal language, it resonates within me. Thank you & Looking forward

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm fixed upon it, the power greater than myself, connected to all, humbled and grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On this day I am grateful for the splendor of the foliage and the sense of vision with which to enjoy it...

    ReplyDelete
  5. On this day I am grateful for the opportunity to spend time with our HS age Sunday school class...good kids, very thoughtful comments and questions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. On this day I am grateful for Christian writer, Anne Lamott, who tells us her favorite prayers are, "Help me, help me, help me" and "Thank you, thank you, thank you."

    ReplyDelete
  7. On this day I am grateful for my health....going in for a physical this afternoon...

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a wonderful idea...I feel sad when I return and see no recent posts...

    On this day I am grateful for my car. The value to me of the freedom it imparts cannot be overstated...and on a beautiful sunshiny day like today, I am just about ready to take advantage of it. May all travelers, on this day, reach their destination safely and without incident

    ReplyDelete